Join us for an 8-night /9-day trip for an amazing culinary safari with Snorkeling
African Safari & Culinary Trip Overview
On each food-focused trip, a small group of us will head on an 8-night, 9-day to Moshi Town, Arusha, the Serengeti, and Zanzibar, as well as a few local stops along the way.
The week will be a mix of major sites in big cities, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
And unlike other safaris that charge $10,000 per person with very few meals included, our low-priced African Safari takes care of you all the way, and in great style.
- Duration: 08 nights / 09 Days
- Location: (Tanzania) Moshi Town, Arusha, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Zanzibar
- Product code: EAST_AFRICA
UPCOMING TRIP DATES:
August 08, 2022, August 16, 2022
DAY 01 – ARRIVE KILIMANJARO AIRPORT – MOSHI TOWN: (August 08, 2022)
Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport. || Transfer to the lodge in Moshi Town. Check-in time 02:00 PM. || Dinner.
DAY 02 – MOSHI TOWN / ARUSHA: (August 09, 2022)
Breakfast and check-out || Drive to the slope of Kilimanjaro and take various excursions and participate in some of the activities in the village. || Traditional hot lunch || Late afternoon transfer to the lodge in Arusha Town ||
DAY 03 – ARUSHA / LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK: (August 10, 2022)
Breakfast and check-out || Proceed to Lake Manyara National Park to begin your safari. || The Park is famous for its tree-climbing lions || Box Lunch || Dinner and overnight at a lovely lodge in Karatu Town.
DAY 04 – LAKE MANYARA / SERENGETI: (August 11, 2022)
Breakfast and check-out || Drive to Serengeti National Park – home to the Great Migration, via the Ngorongoro Conservation Area || Box Lunch || Begin your safari || Dinner and overnight at a charming, tented camp ||
DAY 05 – SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (August 12, 2022)
Breakfast || Full day game drive in Serengeti National Park || Box Lunch || Local activities at the resort || Dinner and overnight at the tented camp ||
DAY 06 – SERENGETI / NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA – NGORONGORO CRATER TOUR (August 13, 2022)
Breakfast and check-out || Ngorongoro Crater Tour || Drive out of the crater and proceed to your lodge located in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area || Lunch || Dinner and overnights at the lodge ||
DAY 07 – NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA / ZANZIBAR (August 14, 2022)
Breakfast and check-out || Drive to Arusha airport for the flight to Zanzibar || Lunch || Guided tour of Stone Town || Dinner || Overnight at hotel ||
DAY 08 – ZANZIBAR (August 15, 2022)
Breakfast || Transfer to Fumba village and proceed for a day trip on Safari Blue or a Snorkeling expendition|| Lunch || Late afternoon, return to Stone Town || Dinner and overnight at hotel ||
DAY 09 – ZANZIBAR / HOME (August 16, 2022)
Check-out time from the hotel: 10:00 AM (No Hotel Accommodations, Breakfast included)
Cost For the East Africa Culinary Tour
|Cost for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$6,200 per person|
|Cost for a single room (single occupancy)||$6,700 per person|
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, GCT is not responsible for this 🙂
- All accommodations
- Breakfast, lunch, & dinner on all tour days
- All in-country travel including airfares, bus, etc.
- Private 4×4 non-airconditioned safari vehicle
- Park Fees, Crater Fees and Concession Fees
- Experienced English-speaking Driver / Guide
- Group Pick up and drop off at Arusha / Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Return group transfers at Zanzibar airport
- Snorkeling in Zanzibar! or a Safari Blue excursion
- PCR test ( $80 per person)
- Tips and gratuities to Driver / Guide, porters and wait staff
- A site-inspection tour where one of us will personally vet each hotel, park, and restaurant to ensure your experince is fabulous
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation / International Airfares from your home to / from Africa
- Visa costs for Tanzania
- Individual transfers from hotel to airport
- Any incidental expenses
- Required travel insurance
- Any meals not listed in the itinerary
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Alcoholic drinks, massages, extra snacks, telephone calls or laundry
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Note that the trip begins in Arusha (Kilimanjaro airport) and ends in Zanzibar
- $500 non-refundable deposit, payable by December 30th, 2021.
- Remainder of the payment due by March 15, 2022
- Since this trip is planned in the very-near future, we cannot offer refunds for anything after March 15, 2022.
- Please note we will only run this trip with 21 or more guests. If the trip has fewer attendees at 60 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
Put down your $520/person deposit
Send via Paypal to [email protected] and mark in comments as East Africa. Your deposit includes Paypal transfer fees.
First Come, First Served
One thing that makes this trip a little different is that the Safari vehicles accommodate 7 passengers. It is cost-prohibitive to have a half-filled jeep.
- We will take 21 bookings at first.
- Everyone else will be put into a wait list.
- Once we have 7 people wait-listed, those bookings will be accepted.
- This is not some sleazy sales tactic to make you panic, just a financial reality 🙂
- It is very important to put down your deposit as soon as possible
- Required Waiver. We require you sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are very careful to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read our FAQs page to answer any other questions you may have.
Our Culinary Tours Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, where the food culture rocks, and the locals really benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning-focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. These are first-class trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, you will only need your wallet to shop or order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport, and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!
Put down your $520/person deposit
Send via Paypal to [email protected] and mark in comments as East Africa