Join us for a 4-night /5-day trip for an amazing Moroccan Food Tour
Morocco Food Tour Overview
Join us for a fantastic Morocco Food Tour! But before you get too far, note that this trip is offered as an ADD-On to the Portugal Culinary trip, not as a stand-alone.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE EARTHQUAKE IN MOROCCO we are determined to go as tourists to provide what little boost we can to the economy. Particulars, however, might change. If you’ve been on any of my Food Tours, you know it will still be all-inclusive, it will be a fantastic value, and the people will rock.
On this food-focused trip, a small group of us will head on a 5-night, 4-day tour to Marrakech, the Agafey Dessert, and picturesque Imlil at the foot of the Atlas Mountains and a few local stops along the way.
The trip will be a mix of significant sites in Marrakech, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, some boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
And unlike other food tours that charge $5,000 per person with very few meals included, our low-priced Morrocan food tour takes care of you all the way, and in great style.
- Fill out this form and pay a $500 per person nonrefundable deposit
- Remainder due Dec 3 1, 2023
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$3,900 per couple|
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$2,256 per person|
UPCOMING TRIP DATES
March 17, 2024 – March 21, 2024
MOROCCO FOOD TRIP ITINERARY
17 March 2024 DAY 01 – ARRIVE MARRAKECH
Arrival || Group Transfer to Hotel ||Dinner ||Overnight in Marrakech
- Arrive in Marrakech: You’ll land at Marrakech Menara Airport along with the rest of the group from the Portugal Food Tour. Note: we have budgeted $100 for tickets (included in your price). Due to the earthquake, this may change a little.
- Transfer to Hotel: You will be met at the airport or your arrival point and transferred to your 4-star hotel in Marrakech.
- Welcome Dinner at a Local Café: In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner at a local café, where you can savor traditional Moroccan cuisine. Your Moroccan food tour has now begun!
- Overnight: You will spend the night at your 4-star hotel in Marrakech. This will be your hotel for the duration on this culinary your.
18 MARCH 2024 DAY 02 –MARRAKECH
Breakfast || Visit to the Bahia Palace || Lunch at a local restaurant || Exploring the souks and Djemaa El Fna || Dinner at a local restaurant || Overnight in Marrakech.
- Breakfast: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at your hotel to energize for the day ahead.
- Visit to the Bahia Palace: After breakfast, we will visit the beautiful Bahia Palace. This palace is known for its stunning architecture and lush gardens. Explore its intricate rooms, courtyards, and history.
- Lunch at a Local Restaurant: We head to a local restaurant for a traditional Moroccan lunch. You can savor dishes like tagine, couscous, or grilled kebabs.
- Exploring the Souks and Djemaa El Fna: In the afternoon, dive into the bustling medina (old town) of Marrakech. Explore the vibrant souks (markets) where you can shop for unique handicrafts, textiles, spices, and more. Later in the day, make your way to Djemaa El Fna square, which comes alive in the evenings with street performers, food stalls, and a lively atmosphere.
- Dinner at a Local Restaurant: For dinner, experience authentic Moroccan cuisine at a local restaurant. No Moroccan food tour can be complete without eating at local restaurants.
- Overnight in Marrakech: Return to your hotel for a well-deserved rest and a comfortable overnight stay.
19 MARCH 2024 Day 03 –MARRAKECH/ AGAFAY DESERT/MARRAKECH
Breakfast|| Cooking Class|| Lunch || Drive to the Agafay Desert|| Dinner under a tent at a desert camp|| Overnight in Marrakech
- Breakfast: Begin your day with a hearty breakfast at your hotel to fuel up for the day ahead.
- Cooking Class: Participate in a Moroccan cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional Moroccan dishes. This hands-on experience will allow you to discover the secrets of Moroccan cuisine, from tagines to couscous and more. This was hands-down, one of the best cooking class experiences our group experienced on our last Morocco Tour. This tagine workshop will teach you how to recreate the flavors of Morocco when you get home.
- Lunch: Enjoy the fruits of your labor as you savor the dishes you’ve prepared during the cooking class for lunch.
- Drive to the Agafay Desert: After lunch, embark on a scenic drive to the Agafay Desert, a unique and serene desert landscape located near Marrakech. While it’s not a traditional sand dune desert, it offers a tranquil escape with its wide-open spaces and rocky terrain.If you’re lucky, maybe you will enjoy a camel ride@
- Dinner under a Tent at a Desert Camp: As the sun begins to set, you’ll have a special dinner experience under a tent at a desert camp. This will include traditional Moroccan cuisine served in a beautiful desert setting. You might even have the opportunity to stargaze in the clear desert sky after dinner.
- Overnight in Marrakech: After your desert adventure and dinner, return to your 4-star hotel in Marrakech for a comfortable overnight stay.
This itinerary combines culinary exploration with a taste of the Moroccan desert, providing a well-rounded experience of the region’s culture and natural beauty
20 MARCH 2024 Day 04 –MARRAKECH/ IMLIL/MARRAKECH
Breakfast|| Scenic Drive to Imlil|| Lunch at a Kasbah|| Farewell Dinner| Overnight in Marrakech
- Breakfast: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Scenic Drive to Imlil: After breakfast, embark on a scenic drive to Imlil. This journey will take you through the beautiful landscapes of the Atlas Mountains, offering stunning vistas of valleys, villages, and rugged terrain.
- Lunch at a Kasbah: Arrive in Imlil and enjoy lunch at a traditional kasbah (fortified village or castle) or a local restaurant. Moroccan cuisine in mountain regions often includes hearty and flavorful dishes.
- Explore Imlil: After lunch, take some time to explore the charming village of Imlil. It’s a gateway to many trekking and hiking routes in the Atlas Mountains, and you can also visit local markets and interact with the friendly Berber communities.
- Farewell Dinner: In the evening, return to Marrakech and have a farewell dinner at a special restaurant. This dinner will be an opportunity to reflect on your trip and enjoy a final taste of Moroccan cuisine.
- Overnight in Marrakech: After the farewell dinner, head back to your hotel for a restful overnight stay.
Day 5 – DEPART MARRAKECH – (March 21, 2024)
Breakfast|| Say A bientôt (see you soon) to your Travel Buddies ||Transfer to the international airport for your onward flight home.
- Breakfast: Start your day with breakfast at your hotel.
- Say A bientôt (see you soon) to your Travel Buddies Say farewell to your travel companions and make plans to travel with them again.
- Transfer to the International Airport: Check out from your hotel and arrange for a transfer to Marrakech Menara Airport for your onward flight home. Make sure to allow plenty of time for the transfer to ensure a stress-free departure.
Cost For the Morocco Culinary Tour
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$3,390 per couple|
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$2,256 per person|
- Airline transfer from Porto to Marrakech
- All accommodations
- Breakfast, lunch, & dinner on all tour days
- All in-country travel including airfares, bus, etc.
- Private transportation for the group
- Entrance fees
- Experienced English-speaking Driver / Guide
- Pick up and Return group transfers at Marakesh airport
- Tips and gratuities to Driver / Guide, porters, and wait staff
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation / International Airfares from your home to/from Africa
- Visa costs
- Individual transfers from the hotel to the airport
- Any incidental expenses
- Required travel insurance
- Any meals not listed in the itinerary
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Alcoholic drinks, massages, extra snacks, telephone calls, or laundry
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Note that the trip begins and ends in Marrakech
- $500 non-refundable deposit, payable immediately (please do not ask for it back no matter what)
- The remainder of the payment is due by December 31, 2023. I will invoice you the remaining amount. You can pay in installments or in total by Dec 31st.
- Please note we will only run this trip with 15 or more guests. If the trip has fewer attendees 60 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
Put down your $500/person deposit ASAP
Our trips typically fill quickly. We will be limiting it to the first 25 people who send their deposit. Fill out this form immediately, and Great Culinary Travels will send you an invoice. You can pay from the invoice directly.
First Come, First Served
- We will take the first 25 bookings (which means the first deposits).
- Everyone else will be put on a waitlist.
- This is not some sleazy sales tactic to make you panic, just a reality based on our past trips.
- It is very important to put down your deposit as soon as possible
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, GCT is not responsible for this 🙂
- Required Waiver. We need you sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are cautious to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read our FAQs page to answer any other questions you may have.
Our Culinary Tours Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, the food culture rocks, and the locals benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning-focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. These are first-class trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, you will only need your wallet to shop or order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport, and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!