All-inclusive Vietnam Food and Cooking Tour August 25, 2023 – September 03, 2023￼
Join us for a 9-night /10-day trip for an amazing culinary tour through Vietnam
Vietnam Culinary Trip Overview
On each food-focused trip, a small group of us will head on a 9-night, 10-day to Ho Chi Minch, Hue, Hoi An, Hanoi, & Ha Long Bay, as well as a few local stops along the way.
The week will be a mix of significant sites in big cities, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, some boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers. On this trip, we also get to enjoy my favorite activity–snorkeling! I can’t wait.
And unlike other food tours that charge $5,000 per person with very few meals included, our low-priced Vietnam food tour takes care of you all the way, and in great style.
- Duration: 09 nights / 10 Days
- Locations: Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Hoi An, Hanoi, Halong Bay
- Product code: VIETNAM
- Fill out this form and immediately pay a $500 per person nonrefundable deposit
- Pay an additional $1000 per person by Feb 25, 2023
- Remainder due June 1, 2023
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$US$ 6,398 per room|
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$3,990 per person|
UPCOMING TRIP DATES
August 25, 2023 – September 03, 2023
VIETNAM FOOD TRIP ITINERARY
DAY 01 – ARRIVE HO CHI MINH – (August 25, 2023):
Arrive in Ho Chi Minh city. You will be met at the airport and transferred to the hotel (check-in time is 02:00 PM) || Saigon Foodie Tour after dark by Vespa (scooter). Experience the local nightlife and enjoy tasty food and live music!
DAY 02 – HO CHI MINH / COCO RIVERSIDE – (August 26, 2023):
Breakfast || Transfer to Coco Riverside Lodge, Trung Nghia – Vung Liem within 3-hour drive via Bentre and 4 hours through Vinh Long province || Discover ancient shrines, learn how to make a green sticky cake, coconut-leaves roof, and poon light (torches). Enjoy a traditional musical performance by a war veteran artist || Dinner at the Lodge.
DAY 03 – COCO RIVERSIDE / HO CHI MINH / HUE – (August 27, 2023):
Breakfast || Discover local markets, Cao Dai temple, and coconut chip-making factory || Lunch at a local restaurant || Check out and transfer back to Tan Son Nhat airport for a flight to Hue || Arrive in Hue and transfer to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 04 – IN HUE – (August 28, 2023):
Breakfast || Full-day sightseeing tour of Hue – the erstwhile imperial capital of the Nguyen Lords from the 17th to the 19th centuries. Visit Hue’s splendid emperors’ tombs, ancient pagodas, and the remains of the Citadel, all of which contribute to its undeniable royal charm. Explore the Imperial Citadel at the Centre of the Complex of Hue Monuments inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. II Return to the hotel in the evening.
DAY 05 – HUE / HOI AN – (August 29, 2023):
Breakfast || Explore the distinct charm of the Perfume River and attend a cooking class at an Eco-restaurant to learn more about the culinary world of Vietnam with its refined flavors and tastes at Thuy Bieu Eco-village || Then you will be transferred to Hoi An. En route, you will travel over the Hai Van pass to an overlook of Lang Co Beach & East Sea || Check in at the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 06 – HOI AN / CU LAO CHAM (Snorkeling Tour) – (August 30, 2023):
Breakfast || Enjoy snorkeling under the supervision of our guide (with full equipment provided) at the Marine Protected Areas of Cham Island. Water, coffee, tea, and snacks will be available on board || Enjoy Vietnamese lunch on the beach: seafood, meat, or vegetarian options || return to the mainland and take the Boat back to Cua Dai pier || Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 07 – HOI AN / Flight to HANOI – (August 31, 2023):
Breakfast || Sightseeing tour of the ancient city of Hoi An || Flight to Hanoi – the capital of Vietnam || Arrive and check-in at the hotel.
DAY 08 – HANOI / HA LONG BAY – (September 01, 2023):
Breakfast || Transfer from your hotel in Hanoi to the Rosy Cruise || Once onboard, participate in the various activities that the cruise offers – kayaking, swimming, cooking class, etc. || All meals will be onboard || Overnight on the cruise ship.
Day 09 – HA LONG BAY – (September 02, 2023):
Enjoy the sunrise or attend a Tai Chi session on the sundeck || After breakfast visit Lan Ha Bay (where the film King Kong was shot). Return to Rosy Cruise and pack your luggage || After Brunch on board, check out and disembark || Drive to Hanoi. On arrival check-in at the hotel || Take a short tour of Hanoi to visit the old Quarter with Hoan Kiem Lake and discover Hanoi Street food. You can also buy kitchen utensils and clothes in local markets like Dong Xuan Market or Old Quarter || Overnight at the hotel in Hanoi.
Day 10 – DEPART HA NOI – (September 03, 2023):
Transfer to the international airport for your onward flight home
Cost For the Vietnam Culinary Tour
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$6,398 per couple|
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$3,990 per person|
- All accommodations
- Breakfast, lunch, & dinner on all tour days
- All in-country travel including airfares, bus, etc.
- Private transportation for the group
- Entrance fees
- Experienced English-speaking Driver / Guide
- Group Pick up and drop off at Casablanca
- Return group transfers at airports
- Tips and gratuities to Driver / Guide, porters, and wait staff
- A site-inspection tour where one of us will personally vet each hotel, park, and restaurant to ensure your experience is fabulous
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation / International Airfares from your home to/from Vietnam
- Visa costs
- Individual transfers from the hotel to the airport
- Any incidental expenses
- Required travel insurance
- Any meals not listed in the itinerary
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Alcoholic drinks, massages, extra snacks, telephone calls, or laundry
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Note that the trip begins in Ho Chi Minh City and ends in Hanoi
- $500 per person non-refundable deposit, payable by December 15, 2022 (please do not ask for it back no matter what). This trip will fill fast. If you really want to go, put down your deposit as quickly as you can.
- $1000 per person non-refundable deposit, payable by Feb 25, 2023 (please do not ask for it back no matter what)
- The remainder of the payment is due by June 1, 2023
- Please note we will only run this trip with 20 or more guests. If the trip has fewer attendees 60 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
Put down your $500/person deposit ASAP
This trip is going to fill quickly. We will limit it to the first 30 people who send their deposit. Fill out this form immediately, and Great Culinary Travels will send you an invoice. You can pay from the invoice directly.
First Come, First Served
- We will take the first 27 bookings (which means, the first deposits).
- Everyone else will be put on a waitlist.
- This is not some sleazy sales tactic to make you panic, just a reality based on other trips
- It is very important to put down your deposit as soon as possible
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, GCT is not responsible for this 🙂
- Required Waiver. We need you to sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are cautious to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read our FAQs page to answer any other questions you may have.
Our Culinary Tours Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, the food culture rocks, and the locals benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning-focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. These are first-class trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, you will only need your wallet to shop or order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport, and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!