Join us for a 9-night /10-day trip for an amazing culinary tour through Morocco
Morocco Culinary Trip Overview
On each food-focused trip, a small group of us will head on a 9-night, 10-day to Casablanca, Rabat, Chefchaouen, Fes, Erfoud, Merzouga, and Marrakech, as well as a few local stops along the way.
The week will be a mix of significant sites in big cities, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, some boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
And unlike other food tours that charge $8,000 per person with very few meals included, our low-priced Morrocan food tour takes care of you all the way, and in great style.
- Fill out this form and pay a $1500 per person nonrefundable deposit
- Remainder due Jan 1, 2023
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$10,970 per couple|
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$6,535 per person per person|
UPCOMING TRIP DATES
March 11, 2023 – March 20, 2023
MOROCCO FOOD TRIP ITINERARY
DAY 01 – ARRIVE CASABLANCA – (March 11, 2023)
Arrive in Casablanca, the economic capital of Morocco. You will be met at the airport and transferred to the hotel || Welcome dinner at a local Café to experience Casablanca food!
DAY 02 – CASABLANCA / RABAT / CHEFCHAOUEN – (March 12, 2023)
Breakfast || Drive to Rabat, the white imperial city and the administrative capital of the kingdom || Lunch at a local restaurant in Rabat || Continue the drive to Chefchaouen, the amazing blue city. En route, you will visit The Exotic Gardens of Sidi Bouknadel where one can admire more than 1500 exotic plant species in an Andalusian Garden, a Brazilian Rain Forest, a Polynesian Jungle, and a Japanese Pleasure ground || Dinner at the hotel.
DAY 03 – CHEFCHAOUEN / VOLUBILIS / MEKNES / FES – (March 13, 2023)
Breakfast || drive to Volubilis “Oualilli”, as it is known by the Berber, is among the best-preserved Roman towns in North Africa|| Lunch at a local restaurant || Continue the drive to Fes via Moulay Idriss and Meknes || Arrive Fes and check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 04 – IN FES – (March 14, 2023)
Breakfast || Sightseeing of Fes – the narrow winding alleys and covered bazaars are crammed with every conceivable sort of craft workshop, restaurant, meat, fruit, and vegetable market, mosque, and medersas, as well as extensive dye pits and tanneries. || Cooking demonstration || Dinner and entertainment at a local restaurant.
DAY 05 – FES / ERFOUD – (March 15, 2023)
Breakfast || drive across the fertile farmland and Saiss up to Immouzzer de Kandar with its gorgeous lake “Dait Aoua” and on to a charming sky resort and Azrou, a typical Berber town with its flat-roofed earthen houses || Lunch at a local restaurant || Arrive Erfoud and check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 06 – ERFOUD / MERZOUGA – (March 16, 2023)
Breakfast || Depart by Land Cruisers (4WD) to Merzouga and see the famous Erg Chebbi nearby. It is Morocco’s only genuine Sahara Erg || Lunch at a local restaurant || Spend the night under a tent in the middle of nowhere under the vast Saharan sky || Dinner and overnight in a Desert Camp.
DAY 07 – MERZOUGA / OUARZAZATE – (March 17, 2023)
Breakfast || Start your journey to Ouarzazate through the Berber villages of the Atlas Mountains (Tinjedad, Tineghir, Todra gorges, Boumalene-du-Dades) along the famous ” route of 1000 kasbahs” to Boumalne|| Lunch at a local restaurant || Arrive Ouarzazate in the evening and check-in to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 08 – OUARZAZATE / ATLAST MOUNTAINS / MARRAKECH – (March 18, 2023)
Breakfast || Leave Ouarzazate and visit the UNESCO-protected site of Ait Ben Haddou (the site of the movie The Gladiator) || Lunch at a local restaurant || Cross the High Atlas Mountains via the highest road pass in Morocco with spectacular views || Cooking Class || Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 09 – IN MARRAKECH – (March 19, 2023)
Breakfast|| Your Marrakech tour includes guided sightseeing to some of Marrakech’s historical sites, as well as a stroll through the souks of the Medina (Vegetable / Fruit Market ) – Spice Market, with its entertainers, dancers, acrobats, jugglers, story-tellers, public-scribes, soothsayers, medicine-men, snake-charmers || Lunch || Farewell dinner and entertainment at a local restaurant to experience the best of Marrakech food.
Day 10 – DEPART MARRAKECH – (March 20, 2023)
Transfer to the international airport for your onward flight home
Cost For the Morocco Culinary Tour
|Price for a double or twin room (double occupancy)||$10,970 per couple|
Price for a single room (single occupancy)
|Price for a single room (single occupancy)||$6,535 per person|
- All accommodations
- Breakfast, lunch, & dinner on all tour days
- All in-country travel including airfares, bus, etc.
- Private transportation for the group
- Entrance fees
- Experienced English-speaking Driver / Guide
- Group Pick up and drop off at Casablanca
- Return group transfers at Marakesh airport
- Tips and gratuities to Driver / Guide, porters, and wait staff
- A site-inspection tour where one of us will personally vet each hotel, park, and restaurant to ensure your experience is fabulous
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation / International Airfares from your home to/from Africa
- Visa costs
- Individual transfers from the hotel to the airport
- Any incidental expenses
- Required travel insurance
- Any meals not listed in the itinerary
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Alcoholic drinks, massages, extra snacks, telephone calls, or laundry
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Note that the trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakech
- $1500 non-refundable deposit, payable immediately (please do not ask for it back no matter what)
- The remainder of the payment is due by January 1, 2023
- Please note we will only run this trip with 20 or more guests. If the trip has fewer attendees 60 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
Put down your $1500/person deposit ASAP
This trip is going to fill quickly. We will be limiting it to the first 30 people who send their deposit. Fill out this form immediately, and Great Culinary Travels will send you an invoice. You can pay from the invoice directly.
First Come, First Served
- We will take the first 27 bookings (which means the first deposits).
- Everyone else will be put on a waitlist.
- This is not some sleazy sales tactic to make you panic, just a financial reality
- It is very important to put down your deposit as soon as possible
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, GCT is not responsible for this 🙂
- Required Waiver. We need you sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are cautious to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read our FAQs page to answer any other questions you may have.
Our Culinary Tours Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, the food culture rocks, and the locals benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning-focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. These are first-class trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, you will only need your wallet to shop or order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport, and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!