OUR TRAVEL STYLE
Each trip has been specially customized and curated by Great Culinary Travels. We go on each of these trips ourselves and on the first trip, we vet and customize every aspect of the trip. Adjustments are made on the fly, and feedback from the group is sought. The next trip reflects all of these changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a first-class experience. We stay at nice places, and we eat in clean, healthy places. We stay away from 5-star hotels which tend to be very Westernized, but the hotels we choose are on the higher end.
We typically walk between 2-4 miles a day, spread out in small bursts through a 12-hour day. We have people with varying physical abilities. While most places and buses in some of the places we travel, such as India, aren’t geared toward wheelchair travelers, many of us have to sit out some activities due to heat or exertion. Allowances are made for all of us.
We want to show you all that we love about a place and introduce you to our local friends and markets so you get an insider’s view into the region. We want you to experience the real India and enjoy visiting places and markets that typically are not on tourist itineraries.
We choose small boutique hotels that have limited capacity. We book cooking classes well in advance. Without this deposit, none of these things would be possible.
Whatever you want to spend for shopping! Everything else–meals, transportation, lodging, and even tips are covered on our trips! Unless you want something special, there are no surprises once you are in-country.
· Transportation / international airfares from your home to/from the country
· Visa costs
· Any incidental expenses
· Required travel insurance
· Any meals not listed in the itinerary
· Any extra excursions or events you plan
· Alcoholic drinks and extra snacks unless explicitly included in the trip
· Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
PLEASE READ THE TOUR DESCRIPTION for specifics on each trip.
WHY ARE GREAT CULINARY TOURS THE BEST FOOD TOURS?
Here’s a few reasons people love traveling with us:
- Required Waiver. We require you sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are very careful to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read the trip descriptions for exact dates of payment and refunds. Typically we require a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold each spot. Full payment due 60 days before the trip starts at which point NO refunds will be issued. We keep prices low by pre-booking trips and getting attractive prices. Last minute cancellations hurt the whole group.