Join us for a 9 night /10 day trip to the best sites in North India
Our Culinary Tours Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, where the food culture rocks, and the locals really benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning-focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. So in Agra, you will see the Taj Mahal—but you won’t see 5 other monuments. Instead, you will have a chance to have a home-cooked meal after a cooking lesson, and you’ll be able to shop in some small stores.
These are first-class trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, you will only need your wallet to shop or order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport, and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!
Quality of Food Tours
This trip is customized and vetted by Urvashi Pitre. I have personally gone on this trip and worked with my friend Alka Sharma to customize it to suit the needs of foodies who love adventure and want to experience the real India.
NORTH INDIA CULINARY ADVENTURE
On each food-focused trip, a small group of us (up to 25 travelers) will head on a 9-night, 10-day to Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, as well as a few local stops along the way.
The week will be a mix of major sites in big cities, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, home visits, boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
North India Culinary Tour Itinerary
DAY 01 – DELHI: (October 05, 2022)
Arrive Delhi, Check in time 02:00 PM. No meals included as arrivals can be late night.
DAY 02 – DELHI: (October 06, 2022)
Breakfast|| Tour of Old Delhi || Visit spice market and shop for cooking utensils || Lunch at a Pan Asian restaurant || Free time in the bazaar || Dinner at a fine dining restaurant
DAY 03 – DELHI: (October 07, 2022)
Breakfast || Visit Sikh Temple & Humayun’s Tomb || Lunch at a great North Indian restaurant || Shopping at Artisan Village || Cooking demo and dinner at a private venue
DAY 04 – DRIVE TO AGRA: (October 08, 2022)
Breakfast || Drive toward Agra in air-conditioned bus || Visit Itimad-ud-Daulah || South Indian Lunch || Taj Mahal || Cooking demo at private venue
DAY 05 – AGRA TO SMALL VILLAGE: (October 09, 2022)
Early Breakfast || Agra Fort || Drive to Small Indian Village || Spectacular lunch and stay in a charming eco-retreat || Tour of Village || Dinner at Hotel ||
DAY 06 – VILLAGE / JAIPUR: (October 10, 2022)
Breakfast at hotel || Drive to a traditional Stepwell || Drive to Jaipur || Lunch || Cooking demo and dinner at a private home.
DAY 07 – JAIPUR: (October 11, 2022)
Breakfast || Full day’s sightseeing in Jaipur || Lunch and Dinner at local restaurants.
DAY 08 – JAIPUR: (October 12, 2022)
Breakfast || Local utensils and spice market || Amer Fort || Dinner at a magical farm with elephants.
Day 09 – DEPART JAIPUR: (October 13, 2022)
Breakfast|| Fly to Delhi ||
Accommodation at Delhi airport hotel with dinner is included
Day 10 – DEPART DELHI: (October 14, 2022)
Transfer to the international airport for your onward flight home
COST FOR THE NORTH INDIA FOOD TOUR
|Cost for a double or twin room (2 persons)||US$ 5,830 per room|
|Cost for a single room (1 person)||US$ 3,312 per room|
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, GCT is not responsible for this 🙂
What is Included in This Cost?
- All accommodations
- All in-country travel including airfares, buses, etc.
- Transportation from the airport to the hotel in Delhi
- Transportation from the hotel in Jaipur to the airport
- Flight from Jaipur to Delhi for those not going on to South India
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner starting day 02 through the end of the trip
- Bottled water on the bus and during travel and with meals
- Group transportation to/from all events listed on the itinerary
- Meals listed in the itinerary
- Tips for all meals, hotels, drivers, and activity, guides
What is NOT Included in This Cost?
- Transportation / international airfares from your home to/from India
- Visa costs for India
- Any incidental expenses
- Required travel insurance
- Any meals not listed in the itinerary
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Alcoholic drinks and extra snacks
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
- Paypal fees which amount to 3% of total will be charged with the final payment
- $500 non-refundable deposit, payable by November 30, 2021.
- The remainder of the payment due by January 15, 2022
- Since this trip is planned for the very near future, we cannot offer refunds for anything after January 15, 2022.
- Please note we only run trips with 15 or more guests. If a trip has fewer attendees 45 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
- Required Waiver. We require you to sign a waiver holding Teknilogic Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
- Required Trip Insurance. Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Great Culinary Travel trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination card. We are very careful to protect ourselves on these trips. No one will be allowed to travel without proof of vaccination.
Please read our FAQs page to answer any other questions you may have.
Time to pay!
[wp_paypal button=”buynow” name=”my product” amount=”500″